Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    09.24 A wild election deadline appears!
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!

Taste Every Wasted Minute
    As good as his wife. The words broke his heart, and he was so absorbed in this moment that it felt as if the entire world was breaking, too. The very air around them was falling to pieces and nothing mattered except holding on to her for as long as he could, because any moment now, she was going to fall away, too.

No, she wasn't going to fall away, and that was the whole problem. He was going to have to let her go. He'd thought so hard about it for so long, and he'd composed what he thought would be the best way to do it in the letter that he'd written her. What he was doing right now was akin to taking a match to the bridge he'd been so carefully building, in that letter. He was sabotaging his own efforts, and worse, he was going to end up hurting her.

"I'm sorry," he said softly, still holding her close with his face more or less buried in her hair. "I'm sorry it couldn't be real."
    Do You Know Lou, or Charlie?
    [Image: I7y9kJ.png]
    Beautiful set by Tiff!
    Xena wanted nothing more that for the world outside of Lou’s arms to fall apart and leave them alone. They hadn’t wanted any of this reality, they’d wanted nothing of its tragedy, but the world seemed content to keep turning whilst people who didn’t love each other could get married and grow old with their families, but they were denied that.

“It is real.” She insisted in a muffled voice, glad Lou at least couldn’t see the tears springing in her eyes. This was the last time for a long time they’d be together, she wasn’t going to ruin it by crying. “You’re real, we’re real.”
    [Image: IKNXus.png]
    Stunning set by Soph <3
    [Image: kZuCust.jpg]

He knew what Xena was trying to say, and she wasn't wrong. They were here, the two of them, and what they felt for each other was real, indeed. That wasn't enough, though. Having something wouldn't prevent you from losing it, it would only make it hurt so much worse when it did.

"It's not what you deserve," he insisted softly. He ought to let go of her, he knew, but he was so reluctant to release his grip that for a long moment he didn't do a thing. "You should have someone who can make you happy," he said, finally loosening his grip on her and moving his hands down to find hers, taking both hands in his. "I wish I could make you happy, Xena, but I can't."

Maybe, someday, someone would give her the things he hadn't been able to. The very notion of it hurt, but he tried to push the feeling away. It was selfish to cling to her like this when he knew there was no future in it--and it had been selfish to pretend, even for a moment, that there was any future in it. He couldn't have her for the week, or even for the night--but he had her right now, and he'd have to be contented with that. It wasn't enough, but it was all he'd ever have.
    Do You Know Lou, or Charlie?
    [Image: I7y9kJ.png]
    Beautiful set by Tiff!