Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

So Familiar A Gleam
    Private Thread 
    Most days, Maybelle found herself to be well occupied whether her identical twin was with her or not. Some days, she found herself alone and without a thing to do. The latter was the case on that day which found her out on the grounds. Originally, she had been looking for Kipling but now she was lost in her own world of imagination.

Blonde hair that had originally been tied up into the usual "ladylike" style of bun had since fallen free with any flowers that had survived into the September month sitting on her head in the form of a flower crown. The day had yet to come when Great Aunt Parmenia's insistence that she should never seat herself on the ground would stick in her mind.

Looking up from the snail she had been watching, she wondered when she had fallen asleep since she only ever saw that boy that was now within her field of vision whenever she was sleeping.
    @Tripper Jameson
    Maybelle is a seer who is currently unaware of her gift and thus has random, confused moments where she knows things but doesn't know how she knows them.
    [Image: 50imif.jpg]
    adorable set by MJ
    Tripper frequently took to the quidditch pitch to practice for the upcoming school games, but there were some times that he preferred to spend his free times lounging around the green fields that made up the school grounds. The September weather was far cooler than August — the perfect middle ground between the warm summer weather and the freezing December weather. It wasn't yet as breezy, and the sum was still warm enough to keep him from getting cold.

There were chaperons around watching as the various students sat on the hillside, and Tripper's eyes caught on one girl in particular. She looked fairly younger than him — perhaps a year two — and she was staring right at him. When her eyes didn't immediately flicker away, he felt a strange obligation to awkwardly approach her and say hello.

"Hi," he said simply, standing above the much shorter girl. Flowers fell in her hair and he couldn't help but crookedly smile as they seemed to form a crown. It was definitely a quirky look, one unlike the ones most girls wore.
    [Image: m5c3FQ.jpg]
    Oh, he seemed so real right now! It didn't click in Maybelles mind that she was very much awake until he was approaching her. Now that she thought about it, he seemed vaguely familiar from classes. Maybelle supposed that must be why she was dreaming about him! Because she had subconsciously took notice of him in class or something. Considering she has yet to cotton on that she was a Seer, this self-explanation sat quite well with her.

"Hello," she said, smiling up at him serenely. "I'm Maybelle. I feel like I've met you before." It had to be one of their shared classes but she still had this niggling feeling in the back of her head that he'd been invading her dreams since before she had began OWL classes.
    Maybelle is a seer who is currently unaware of her gift and thus has random, confused moments where she knows things but doesn't know how she knows them.
    adorable set by MJ
    Even with her sitting down, he could see how incredibly tiny she was. Though, at the same time, he was aware that she wasn't one of the newer first years; he'd seen her in various of his OWL-level classes ... at leas this year. He didn't recognize the name Maybelle either, though he supposed it was her first name rather than the last name the professors used to call attention to her.

"Hello Miss Maybelle," he replied with a half-smile. "My name is Tripper. We may have talked - er - once or twice, but I don't think we've ever spoken that extensively." He had a good memory for names and faces, and hers wasn't all too recognizable.
    Tripper. It was an odd name but then again she was the one with a middle name like 'Muddle'. Wherever her mother had picked that up, she had not a clue. "Now seems a good time to rectify that. Do you know how to make flower crowns?" She asked, uncaring that it probably wasn't considered a very 'boy' thing to do.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Maybelle Marriot's post:
       Tripper Jameson
    adorable set by MJ
    She was definitely an odd girl, but Tripper found it oddly endearing. He let out a small laugh—not a taunting one, but one of pure amusement—and took a seat across from her.

"I don't believe I do. It's not something usually taught, I don't believe," he teased, his eyes scanning her little project. "I don't suppose you make them on the regular?"
    Even if the other students laugh had been taunting, Maybelle more than likely would not have noticed. She smiled up at the boy that she was already considering a new friend as he settled onto the grass with her.

"I do, my sister and I do them all the time since we were young," she replied, her nimble fingers finishing off one crown. "Here, I'll show you how to do it." That being said, she took more flowers in hand and demonstrated to him just how to wrap the stems about to form up a crown.
    adorable set by MJ
    While the allure of a flower crown didn't really affect the Gryffindor boy, he would much rather deal with sit here with Miss Maybelle—an unassuming girl who seemed like the least likely to get him in trouble—than be caught wandering the grounds on his own and get questioned about his motives. Those times, as innocent as he usually was, usually ended with a Professor assuming he was up to something.

"Why do you make them? Just because they're pretty?" he asked. His gaze followed her hands curiously as she weaved the flowers into their positions. Miss Maybelle already had a pretty little face; she didn't need flowers on her head to make her anymore so! "It doesn't seem very functional otherwise."