Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    09.24 We have new Wenches!
    09.24 A wild election deadline appears!
    09.14 Witch Weekly needs more Wenches!
    09.10 Hags have hired!
    09.05 Hags are Hiring & Update your CML Entries
    09.04 Congratulations to Lynn and Bree for winning August's PW!
    09.02 The AC is underway, and the results are in for Camp Charming...
    09.01 September ahoy! A new school year, new skins, and elections!

Animal Pact
    Private Thread 
    This wasn't the first time where Ellory thought that becoming an animagus would be neat. She'd always liked Transfiguration at Hogwarts and she had been intrigued by the subject since her third year. She had never been a particularly ambitious or determined student, however, so she never once set on the task of becoming one.

The thought had resurfaced recently. After her eventful end of the summer, Ellory was an emotional mess. She needed something to occupy her mind with. Something to feel passionate about.

"-and now I wait." Miss Elsie Beauregard had been the librarian who'd assisted her on her previous visit. Ellory was told that she needed to contact the Ministry of Magic to gain access to all of the textbooks relating to the subject.

"Say, Elsie," Ellory continued. She was friendly with the girl, hence the familiarity. They were both Gryffindors and had only been a year apart at Hogwarts. Besides, Ellory had served as Head Girl alongside Elsie's brother, Harvey. She and Harvey had been good friends at school, though they'd fallen out of touch after their graduation, as it often happened. "What animal do you think you'll turn into?"

@Elsie Beauregard
    Elsie had always toyed with the idea of studying transfiguration a little further into maybe becoming an animagus, but honestly she never thought she'd actually go through with it. It wasn't until Ellory Pendergast approached her with an interest in the process that Elsie thought she might actually give it a try. Her fellow Gryffindor, though not somebody she was overly close with, was certainly easy to be around, which was always a bonus in Elsie's book. Harvey had always spoken highly of her as well, considering they were heads together their final year at school.

Ellory had needed a starting off point, so Elsie had done a little research on how to begin the process. It seemed that there was some documentation for the ministry needed to access the necessary textbooks. She was going to approach Mr. Lovegood about it herself now as well, but perhaps since it was also a personal project her superior might not be so against it. Els could only hope!

"I know, I still need to speak to Mr. Lovegood about a few more things." They had time though, it was a long process to begin with, a few more days of getting everything in order wouldn't be so bad! "I haven't any idea." Elsie had thought about it though. Her patronus was a tiny little doormouse, which seemed appropriate but she always wondered if it would be different. "Do you think it's always the same as our patronus?"

Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
    [Image: rb7FoHm.png]
    stunning set by Lady ♥
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    Ellory had never managed to produce a Patronus. It was a sour spot for her. She'd always prided herself on being a happy and positive person and yet she'd failed to cast the one spell that needed those traits. It had been a great drop to her self-esteem as a witch, too.

"Patronus forms can change, in rare instances, so I'd say not necessarily?" Ellory suggested. "I'd say that it would still be a similar animal, rather than something completely different. Can you produce a patronus?"

She wouldn't be surprised if she could. Miss Elsie had always struck her as very clever an capable!